31 Dec Spaghetti and Shrimp in a Creamy Tomato Sauce
There’s nothing I love more than spending a cozy night in with an extra large bowl of comforting spaghetti! Whenever I eat spaghetti it really does bring me back to childhood. It was the first dish I learned to make and I’ll never forget it.
Last night, I decided to put on a pot of gluten free Tresomega spaghetti and toss it in a creamy tomato sauce with shrimp! I really like using Tresomega for gluten free pastas because they are organic and I also love the texture. I personally love their spaghetti the best but they also have a great fusilli pasta and elbow pasta I tend to use often as well! You can find more gluten free recipes by following them on twitter!
Scroll on down below if you want to give this recipe a try for yourself! Trust me, you won’t be disappointed ;).
Spaghetti and Shrimp in a Creamy Tomato Sauce
By December 31, 2018Published:
There's nothing I love more than spending a cozy night in with an extra large bowl of comforting spaghetti! Whenever I eat …
- 1 box TresOmega Spaghetti
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 28 oz can tomato puree
- 1 lb medium shrimp tails off, peeled, and deveined
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves roughly torn
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to box instructions. Once the past has finished cooking, reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Drain the remainder and set the spaghetti aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add in the shallot and garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shallot starts to turn translucent. Add in Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper (if desired). Let the spices toast for 1-2 minutes or until they start to become fragrant. Add in the tomato puree and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and let the shrimp simmer until they are full cooked through, about 5 minutes or until they are no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cream. Add pasta and toss until fully combined. Sprinkle with more crushed pepper, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress