12 Dec Scallops and Linguine in a Creamy Parmesan Sauce + the Perfect Wine for Pairing!
Last month I had the opportunity to attend a wine tasting event hosted by ALDI! It was located at Corkbuzz wine bar in NYC (one of my favorite after work spots). They did a really nice job of setting up various red and white wines and paired them with delectable bites! It would be too hard to say I had a favorite that I tasted that day but I was really drawn to their Villanella Pinot Grigio, winner of the Chefs in America Masters of Taste Gold Medal Endorsement 2017. The wine was light and citrusy with a slight floral aroma. I would recommend pairing this wine with a seafood dish. At the event, they paired it with ceviche spoons which worked really well! I think that could be a great option if you were hosting a holiday party and wanted to pair it with an appetizer.
When I got home, I wanted to experiment with another seafood dish and I put together a hearty bowl of linguine with scallops in a creamy parmesan sauce! Comfort at its finest. This is a great dish to make for a chill night in or a dinner date at home. Scroll on down below for the full recipe!
*Created in partnership with ALDI. All opinions and recipes are my own. 🙂
Scallops and Linguine in a Creamy Parmesan Sauce
By December 12, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 6 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 21 mins
Last month I had the opportunity to attend a wine tasting event hosted by ALDI! It was located at Corkbuzz wine bar in NYC (one of …
- 1 box Reggano Linguine
- 1 bunch fres asparagus cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbsp Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
- 1 bag Sea Queen Bay Scallops
- 2 cups Countryside Creamery Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 bunch fresh parsley chopped
- 8 oz Priano Parmesan Cheese Wedge grated
- salt & pepper
- lemon wedges for serving optiona
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add linguine and boil for 5 minutes. Add in chopped asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes until the pasta is fully cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking add the scallops and 1 tablespoon butter to a large sauté pan that is at least 1" deep. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until scallops are opaque and fully cooked through. Drain any excess liquid, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the heavy cream, chopped parsley and remaining two tablespoons of butter to the sauté pan. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce reduces slightly. Remove from heat. Add in Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is completely melted. Add pasta, asparagus, and scallops back into pan and toss to combine. Divide amongst 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle remaining parsley over each dish and serve with a lemon wedge (optional).
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress