28 Oct Monster Mash Madeleines
This Halloween I wanted to put together a fun and easy baking project. These Monster Mash Madeleines are made with Madeleine cookies, white chocolate melts, and decorative sprinkles! They come together fairly quickly making them family friendly.
I decided to make the madeleine cookies from scratch by using a recipe from All Recipes but if you really want to save time you could also purchase a pack from the store. The sprinkles came from a local craft store but I’ve also seen them floating around on Amazon and other online retailers. The madeleine pan I also ordered from Amazon. Funny story about the madeleine pan – when it arrived it was completely bent in half! I looked at it and laughed because there was no way it was usable. Amazon was really quick to replace it and the customer service was very helpful. I had a new pan in my hands by the next day!
You can also swap out any of the food dye colors according to your preference!
What will you be making this Halloween?
Monster Mash Madeleines
By October 28, 2017Published:
- Yield: 12
This Halloween I wanted to put together a fun and easy baking project. These Monster Mash Madeleines are made with Madeleine cookies, …
- 1 dozen madeleines store bought or fresh baked depending on your preference
- 12 oz bag white candy melts
- 4 tsps coconut oil
- assorted food coloring
- assorted sprinkles and candy eyes
- Divide the candy melts into 4 separate bowls. Add 1 tsp coconut oil to each.
- One by one, place the candy melts in the microwave in 15 second intervals until fully melted. Once it is fully melted, add a few drops of food coloring and stir until fully combined and coloring is even throughout. Repeat until all of your chocolates are colored with the colors you've chosen.
- Dip a madeleine cookie into the melted chocolate until it is about 3/4 covered from top to bottom in chocolate. Add sprinkles to the top portion of the cookie and decorate with candy eyes.
- Set on a rack to harden and then repeat until all madeleines are decorated. Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress