22 Dec Nana’s Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Breakfast Quiche
It is a tradition with my family that every year we wake up on Christmas morning and enjoy a slice of my Nana’s breakfast quiche. We’ve had a quiche every year for as long as I can remember. My Nana isn’t able to cook anymore but I am determined to keep the tradition going!
The quiche itself is really simple and is made from sausage, pepper, onion, egg, and cream. When I gave it a test run this year, I was instantly reminded of childhood as soon as the aroma from the oven filled the air as it baked.
As soon as I pulled the quiche from the oven, my eyes lit up at the sight of the golden brown crust – I felt like a real live heart eyed emoji. It was hard to contain myself and refrain from digging in but I promised I’d bring it to a brunch party that day. I let it cool, packed it up in my pyrex portable pie dish and headed to see friends. Everyone LOVED it. I wasn’t surprised because it is gobbled down every single year at Christmas without even a crumb to spare. To be honest, we usually make two quiches just to make sure there is enough.
Scroll on down below for the recipe!
Nana's Breakfast Quiche
By December 22, 2018Published:
It is a tradition with my family that every year we wake up on Christmas morning and enjoy a slice of my Nana's breakfast quiche. …
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 package jimmy dean sausage
- 1 9 pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbs chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- Add olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add in sausage and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat and continue to break larger pieces until everything is crumbled and until the sausage is fully cooked through. Set aside to let cool.
- Once the sausage has cooled, transfer to a large bowl. Add in cheese, peppers, and onion. Mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add in cream and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour egg mixture into the pie shell with the other ingredients.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly on a rack before serving. Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress