25 Oct Pairing Pinot Noir with Fig & Pistachio Toasts
Pinot Noir is one of my favorites wines, it’s easy to drink and pairs nicely with a lot of my favorite foods! Recently, the team at Peter Yealands reached out and asked me for a pairing recommendation for their Pinot Noir.
I’m an avid entertainer so I immediately wanted to create something that would be great to make for a party or entertaining a group of friends. This wine is light and fruity with subtle berry notes. It’s quite smooth with a soft tannin finish and I think this would be a great choice for a crowd pleaser.
For this recipe, I decided to pair it with sweet figs, savory goat cheese, and (of course) salted pistachios! For your next get together, whip up a plate of these fig toast appetizers and pair it with a bottle of Pinot Noir and your guests will be swooning.
Scroll on down below for the recipe! #ExploreYealands
*Post sponsored by Peter Yealands, recipe and opinions are my own 🙂
Fig & Pistachio Toasts
By October 25, 2019Published:
- Yield: 16 toasts
Pinot Noir is one of my favorites wines, it’s easy to drink and pairs nicely with a lot of my favorite foods! Recently, the …
- 1 medium sour dough loaf
- salt & pepper to taste
- 16 fresh figs
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup salted pistachios chopped
- 4 tbsps raw honey
- 4 tbsps balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice the sourdough loaf into 1/4" slices, lay flat on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven, transfer toasts to a plate and set aside.
- Slice the figs in half. Lay the fig halves onto the baking sheet with the cut side facing up. Turn the oven to a high broil. Place the figs in the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes just until the figs soften and the tops start to color. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place the toasts on a serving plate. Top with arugula and two fig halves.
- Evenly distribute the goat cheese amongst the toasts, top with pistachio. Drizzle honey and balsamic glaze. Serve & enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress