16 Oct Pistachio Pesto Pierogies
National Pierogy Day may have been on 10/8, but I’m all for month-long celebrations! To help celebrate this delicious national holiday, I put together a simple and easy recipe featuring Mrs. T’s Pierogies classic cheddar variety paired with a fresh basil pistachio sauce. Rich, flavorful, and can be put together in less than 20 minutes!
The recipe takes a traditional pesto and elevates the flavors by swapping pine nuts for hearty pistachios. Two full cups of packed basil gives it a fresh aroma.
It’s definitely a crowd pleaser and perfect for when you have friends or guests over. If you are looking to serve a crowd, I would recommend doubling the recipe because it goes quick! Trust me 😉
Scroll on down below for the recipe and enjoy!
*Post sponsored by Mrs. T’s Pierogies. Recipe and opinions are my own 🙂
Pistachio Pesto Pierogies
By October 16, 2018Published:
National Pierogy Day may have been on 10/8, but I’m all for month-long celebrations! To help celebrate this delicious national …
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pistachios shells removed (plus more for serving - optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded (plus more for serving - optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 box Mrs. T's classic cheddar pierogies
- In a food processor add the basil, pistachios, olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pulse until you have a chunky consistency and all of the ingredients are combined.
- Bring a large sauce pan filled with water to a boil. Add in pierogies and boil for 5-7 minutes. Drain water. Add in sauce and heat on high for 1-2 minutes only to warm up the sauce. Use a spoon to mix the pierogies into the sauce ensuring each pierogy is coated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with extra parm cheese and chopped pistachios (optional).
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress