31 Jan Heart Shaped “Bee Sting” Mini Pizzas
New York has received high praise for its pizza. Some say it’s the water. I think it has a lot to do with the interesting creatives that know no bounds when it comes to trying new things. One of my favorite pizza places here is Roberta’s. Every couple of months, Madison Square Eats sets up in the Flatiron district with a round up of some of NYC best food vendors. Roberts’s is there every time with their portable pizza oven and all. They have a season pie on the menu called the Beesting and I honestly have to get it every single time. It’s that good.
With Valentine’s Day coming up, I’ve literally used every opportunity possible to add more hearts into my life because I love them. They’re so cute. So the other day I was craving pizza and decided to make these quick, simple, personal pizza (in the shape of hearts) and my choice of ingredients was inspired by Roberts’s beesting pie!
The beesting pie comes with fresh mozzarella, spicy soppressata, and a drizzle of honey. I changed up the ingredients a little by swapping out the cheese for a ricotta and adding a little bit of fresh basil.
This pie is spicy with a hint of sweetness, the perfect combination for your honey this Valentine’s Day ;).
Heart Shaped "Beesting" Mini Pizzas
By January 31, 2017Published:
New York has received high praise for its pizza. Some say it's the water. I think it has a lot to do with the interesting creatives …
- 1 package Pillsbury pizza crust
- 1 small bunch fresh basil chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh ricotta
- 8 oz spicy soppressata chopped
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 tblsp honey
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Brush crusts with olive oil to encourage browning while in the oven.
- Unroll pizza dough and cut out heart shapes until all the dough is used up.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Fill center with crushed tomatoes. Top with with ricotta by the tablespoon until desired amount of cheese is on the pizza.
- Top with chopped soppressata, basil, and crushed red pepper. Drizzle with honey.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress