26 Jun Nutella Cake Truffles
A few weekends ago I helped make a massive “1” shaped cake for an adorable little girl’s first birthday. It was double layered and filled with fluffy chocolate mousse. In total, I had to make three 9″x13″ cakes to layer on top of one another. Since we were shaping it into a 1, we ended up cutting off quite a bit of the cake and had leftover cake that was just too delicious to throw away.
We used one of my favorite cake recipes which can be found on Desserts by Juliette. I love this cake because it’s nice and fluffy and not too sweet. I decided to use all of the pieces we cut to make the decadent nutella cake truffles featured in this post.
Since I already had the cake made, I only needed a few additional ingredients: nutella, milk, chocolate chips, and sprinkles (optional). I was able to freeze some and bring them home to my family. Let’s just say, they were gone before I could even blink ;).
Nutella Cake Truffles
By June 26, 2015Published:
- Yield: 24 truffles (24 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
A few weekends ago I helped make a massive "1" shaped cake for an adorable little girl's first birthday. It was double layered and …
- 3 cups vanilla cake
- 3/4 cups nutella
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 oz chocolate chips milk or dark depending on your preference
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles optional
- Cut up vanilla cake into small pieces and place into bowl.
- Add nutella and milk.
- Combine using a fork. You want the mixture to be fully combined and even throughout.
- Use a tablespoon or small melon ball scoop to scoop out mounds of the nutella cake mixture onto parchment or wax paper to create the center of the truffle.
- Once you have used up all of the mixture, place the truffle centers into the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Melt the chocolate chips either by microwave or double boiler.
- Remove the truffle centers from the freezer and drop into the melted chocolate.
- Roll the truffle in the chocolate until it is fully covered. Remove from chocolate and place back on parchment paper. Top with sprinkles.
- Return to freezer and allow to harden. When ready to eat, remove the truffles from the freezer and allow them to come to room temperature. Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Meagan BurkePosted at 10:57h, 04 July
Cake truffles are the perfect way to use up leftover cake. Everybody loves them! And with Nutella?! Oh heck yeah.
JustinePosted at 11:49h, 05 July
Haha yess @Meagan!! No such thing as too much Nutella 😉