01 Nov Sunday Supper: Crockpot Turkey Chili
This year I decided to invest in a Crockpot and I have not been able to get enough of it! Being able to prep in the morning and come home to warm home cooked meal is amazing. I will admit that there are nights where I am too tired from work to even think about turning on the stove so settle for take out or a simple sandwich. Now that I have a slow cooker, if I know I am going to have a busy day, I’ll get up a little bit earlier and throw a recipe into the crockpot.
There have been a handful of recipes I’ve already tried from pot roast to asian chicken dishes. All turned out pretty good! For today’s supper I went with a hearty turkey chili. To simplify the recipe, I went with Carroll Shelby’s Chili Kit. Slightly spicy and topped with melted cheddar cheese and sour cream, it really hit the spot!
I cannot wait to continue discovering new recipes, if you have any you suggest please let me know in the comments below!
Crockpot Turkey Chili
By November 1, 2015Published:
This year I decided to invest in a Crockpot and I have not been able to get enough of it! Being able to prep in the …
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 oz canned red kidney beans
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 package Carroll Shelby's Chili Kit
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey meat until it is no longer pink. Place the cooked meat into the crockpot.
- Chop the red bell pepper, jalapeno, and onion, Mince the garlic. Add to the crockpot.
- Drain the kidney beans and place into the crockpot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and the chili kit to the crockpot.
- Stir until well combined. Cook on high for 4 hours or cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Spoon chili into bowls. Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions. Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress