13 Nov Simple Salad with Mustard Glazed Chicken and a Honey Mustard Dressing
This past weekend was spent baking non stop. I was mostly testing new recipes for the upcoming holidays. Now don’t get me wrong, I do love my sweets but after a while the sugar really gets to you! I wanted to start my week on the right foot by eating something light and healthy so I decided to throw together a quick salad with my favorite honey mustard dressing! I also used the dressing to glaze the chicken which turned out delicious!
I also made this dressing ahead of time and just stored it in the fridge which made whipping up this lunch time salad even easier! For the dressing, I used the following ingredients: garlic, white wine vinegar, Maille dijon mustard, mayo, raw honey, shallot, olive oil, and salt/pepper to taste. All you have to do is toss the ingredients in a mini food processor or blend and a creamy, tangy dressing is ready within seconds! I could also imagine this being used as a marinade for dinner dishes too.
The recipe below makes approximately 1 1/2 cups dressing which was more than enough to coat the chicken and drizzle on my salad. The remainder can be stored in the fridge for next time!
For my salad, I decided to pile my bowl high with grape tomatoes, red onion, corn, avocado, and a littttle bit of shredded mozzarella!
What’s your favorite simple salad dressing?
*Please note, to help keep my blog running, I am part of affiliate networks. Occasionally affiliate links may be included on my site but please know that I will always remain genuine with my opinion. 🙂
Salad with Mustard Glazed Chicken and Honey Mustard Dressing
By November 13, 2017Published:
This past weekend was spent baking non stop. I was mostly testing new recipes for the upcoming holidays. Now don't get me wrong, I do …
- 1 close garlic minced
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsps Maille Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 small shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium chicken breast
- 2 cups romain lettuce
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- several slices raw red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 small avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup corn cooked
- Place the garlic, vinegar, dijon mustard, mayo, honey, shallot, olive oil, and salt/pepper in a small food processor. Process until you have a smooth and creamy consistency. Strain the dressing through a small sieve into a mason jar or bowl. This will help remove any large chunks of shallot that were not full processed. Store dressing in a sealed jar or container until ready to use.
- Marinate the chicken. In a small bowl and the chicken breast and two tablespoons of the honey mustard dressing. Heat a small skillet on medium high heat and add a small amount of cooking oil. Place the chicken on the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is full cooked through. Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside to rest.
- Prepare the salad. Rinse and dry lettuce. Place lettuce in a large bowl with grape tomatoes, raw red onion, shredded mozzarella, avocado, and corn. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress