14 Nov Fudge Brownies with Shredded Coconut
Lately I’ve been experimenting with ingredients I don’t normally use. One of the major swaps I’ve been doing with my recipes is substituting butter for other more “healthy” fats. In this recipe I left out the butter and used coconut oil instead! Was really happy with the end result and decided to top the brownies with shredded unsweetened coconut to bring out even more of those coconut notes.
Another ingredient I’ve also been dying to try is carob powder so I was very excited when Bob’s Red Mill sent me over a package of theirs to try out! After testing out a few recipes with the carob powder I finally hit a winner with these fudgey brownies. These are VERY dense brownies so if you are into that then this is your golden ticket to heaven. I topped them with a chocolate frosting which adds a whole other level of richness!
So whip up a batch, bring them to your next party, and become EVERYONE’s new best friend ;).
*Products provided courtesy of Bob’s Red Mill, all opinions are my own 🙂
Fudge Brownies with Toasted Coconut
By November 14, 2017Published:
- Yield: 16 small brownies
Lately I've been experimenting with ingredients I don't normally use. One of the major swaps I've been doing with my recipes is …
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- parchment paper
- 8x8 baking dish
- Line an 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips and 4 tablespoons coconut oil in a large heat proof bowl and place in the microwave. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and stir. Repeat until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Once melted, whisk in the sugar and brown sugar until full combined. Whisk in eggs, vanilla, and salt. Then use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour and carob powder. Stir until fully combined. Transfer mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Make the frosting. Place the remaining 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips in a medium heat proof bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the cream. Once simmering, transfer the cream to the bowl with the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saran wrap and whisk until the chocolate is fully melted. Place in refrigerator until fully cooled.
- Remove from refrigerator and whisk in vanilla, cream cheese, and powdered sugar.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread the frosting on top then sprinkle with shredded coconut. cut into 16 even squares and enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
RhondaPosted at 21:15h, 16 December
I would just like to say, these are the absolute best brownies I have ever made, I think they are the best I’ve ever tried. Thank you for the recipe!
JustinePosted at 08:26h, 17 December
I am so glad you like them!!! <3